Temperatures are beginning to drop and nights are getting cooler. Before the cold weather arrives you need to make sure that your furnace is working, efficient and safe. You don’t want to wait until that first cold front and find that it isn’t working.
Your best bet is to call a local HVAC professional to come out and inspect your furnace. They can make sure that everything is operational ahead of time.
There are some things you can check and do yourself.
1) Change your filters regularly. I know you hear this all of the time, but it really is important. Clogged filters can cause costly damage to your system. And consider upgrading to a pleated or HEPA filter.
2) Keep the area around the furnace clear of debris and clutter. You don’t want anything to catch fire. You also want to make sure that nothing has fell or is sitting on your air ducts and return vents.
3) Clean your air vents and ducts.
3) If you have a gas system, have it filled up when it’s warm. It’s likely cheaper than during the middle of the winter.
4) Make sure you have carbon monoxide detectors. These are important for everyone’s safety.
5) Consider purchasing a programmable thermostat so it will automatically lower the temperature in the house while you are sleeping.
Contact A/C Max for any of your HVAC needs at (832) 752-4445. AC Max is a full service residential air conditioning & heating company proudly serving the northern Houston area including Montgomery, Tomball, Spring, Cypress, Magnolia, Waller, Hockley, Conroe, Lake Conroe, Pinehurst, Dobbin, Plantersville and The Woodlands Texas. We are a family owned and operated company with years of experience servicing and installing AC and Heating systems.