When purchasing a new HVAC system for your home, you want to be prepared and know exactly what you are getting. This is a major expense and you want to make sure you are getting the right thing. Below are great questions to ask your trusted HVAC professional before purchasing a new system.
A/C Buyer’s Checklist
- Determine what type of system you need (i.e. split system, packaged system, mini-split system).
- Compare the difference in costs between brands and types of systems.
- Determine the size of the unit needed.
- Determine the extent of home’s ductwork.
- Determine the extent of home’s insulation.
- Understand and select an advanced SEER rated system.
- Know the warranty details.
- Learn about air quality features available (i.e. air cleaners and humidifiers).
- Understand the steps of replacement, haul away and installation.
- Look for convenience features like quiet operation, zone controls and variable speeds.
- Consider upgrades to compliment your system (i.e. digital or remote-operated thermostats, zoned-cooling options).
Review this checklist with your HVAC professional and make sure you understand what you are getting. We offer Free Quotes on AC and Heating Services. Give us a call today at 832-752-4445 for fast air conditioning & heating service. Our HVAC technicians work in your service area daily so our response time is quick! If you are looking for a locally owned air conditioning and heating company give us a call.