One of the easiest things to do is change your air filter at least once per month. This ensures your family is breathing clean air and that your AC system is not being overworked. This also helps keep your cooling coils from getting clogged by dirt and dust which reduces the efficiency of your unit, saving money on operating and repair costs. Call A/C Max today at 832-752-4445!
Month: August 2014
That’s the sound of your air conditioner starting up and draining your bank account!
Here’s our tip for the day: Majority of the heat that accumulates inside your home comes directly from the sun shining on the roof or through the windows. Plant leafy trees or other landscaping around the outside of your home to help shade the area. This could boost your air conditioners efficiency by as much as 10% according to the US Department of Energy.
Call us 832-752-4445 for more info today!
- Set your thermostat at as high a temperature as comfortably possible during the heat, and ensure humidity control. The smaller the difference between the indoor and outdoor temperatures, the lower your overall A/C bill will be.
- Avoid setting your thermostat at a colder setting than normal when you turn on your air conditioner. It does not cool your home any faster and could result in excessive cooling and unnecessary expense.
- Consider using ceiling fans along with your air conditioner to spread the cooled air through your home without greatly increasing your power use.
- Avoid placing appliances that give off heat such as lamps or TVs near a thermostat.
- If your air conditioner is old, consider buying an energy-efficient model. Qualified air conditioner are about 15% more efficient than standard models.
Contact us at 832-752-4445 for visit our website for more information.
Is your home’s air conditioning system ready to tackle these hot weather months? An air conditioning tune up can give you the opportunity to make sure that your A/C is up to the challenge of keeping your home cool no matter how high the temperature gets. Don’t wait until it’s too late to hire a qualified HVAC company to perform an A/C check-up – you definitely want to get it done as soon as possible, before you really need it.
While regular air filter changes and other easy do it yourself items are a great way of keeping your A/C system in good shape, an air conditioning check-up performed by a qualified HVAC contractor goes even further. With the proper tools, expertise and knowledge, A/C Max is able to perform the following with speed and ease:
- Inspect the air conditioning electrical system
- Check & calibrate the thermostat
- Clean & inspect hard-to-reach components, including the A/C coils
- Inspect & adjust refrigerant levels if needed
- Inspect other A/C components for wear and/or damage
Learn more about the benefits of an air conditioning tune-up by contacting A/C Max, proudly serving the northern Houston area including Montgomery, Tomball, Spring, Cypress, Magnolia, Waller, Hockley, Conroe, Lake Conroe, Pinehurst, Dobbin, Plantersville and The Woodlands Texas.
We are going through a bout of extremely high temperatures, and you want to make sure that you are doing everything you can to make cooling your house as efficiently as possible. The #1 action you can take right now is to set the thermostat to 78˚or higher. Did you know that raising your thermostat one degree can save you 8% in air conditioning energy costs? Raising your thermostat also puts less of a burden on your A/C system, which means there is less of a risk that something will go wrong when you need your A/C the most.
To make yourself feel a bit more comfortable, run ceiling fans in the rooms where you spend most of your time. Ceiling fans are not really doing anything to reduce the temperature, but the movement of air against your skin makes you feel like it is cooler. (Fans are only helpful if you are in the room).
You also want to make sure you are giving your AC system the care and maintenance it needs. In months of heavy use, make sure you change your filter once a month, as clogged filters will restrict airflow, which is bad for your air conditioning system.
Other simple efforts you can make around the house include:
- Keep the house sealed up. Don’t let the kids leave doors hanging open, as cool air is escaping.
- Don’t turn on the oven. Heating your kitchen is just making your A/C work harder. Utilize your toaster oven for small items that need to be cooked or heated up.
- Keep your refrigerator closed as much as possible. The harder the refrigerator works, the hotter it makes your kitchen.
- Keeps your blinds and curtains closed. Blocking out the sun and heat makes your AC unit more efficient.
All of these are going to help keep your home cool while protecting against unwanted repair issues and high energy bills. If you do experience an issue with your AC, our technicians are available to help. Contact us at 832-752-4445 or visit www.ac-max.net for more info on air conditioning repair.